Welcome Links Photo Albums New Albums Comments Guest Book Journals

• 6 days ago
    Hi brave and amazing FIREMEN! I am writing a term paper on the dangers fires and what kind of laws should be enforced when it comes to fire sprinklers. Do you firemen think that fire sprinklers should be mandatory in homes? I ask because I have read about many people dying in fires even though they had smoke detectors in their homes. Thanks and I would really love your feedback.
    Hailey Smith http://www.norcalfire.com/
  • Jonathan (Private)
    11 years 9 months ago
    IL- Litchfield Police 1978 Pontiac Catalina
    How much would you sell the motor for??
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    What would make you think that this car either...

A: Still exists today
    B: The city that owns(ed) it would sell the motor?

This is a 1988 photo of a then 10 yr-old, still in-service police car. This entire website is a collection of police vehicle photographs, NOT a used car lot.

If you want to send the website $500 or so, I'll try to find you a Pontiac motor.

Greg Reynolds
    copcar dot com
  • Mlg5146 United States (Private)
    1 year 8 months ago
    Greg,

The picture of the crime scene photo from the accident that killed Chicago Police Officer Melvin Gossmeyer, 33 on July 17, 1960. Officer Gossmeyer was rammed by a fleeing vehicle that was being chased by another patrol car at 106th and Ewing on Chicago's SE side.

This was my father, it was a something to find of picture of this accident seeing that it happened over 50 years ago, I was only a small child when it happened. Below is some more information on this accident.

Thanks

Melvin L. Gossmeyer, Jr.

P.O. Melvin Gossmeyer #9775

P.O. Melvin Gossmeyer #9775

• Sushidelivery Chile (Private)
    1 year 9 months ago
  • P.D. Withers (Private)
    7 years 11 months ago
    1960 Ford - department photo
    I have a question on Chicago PD that I hope someone can answer; During the 1950's-60's, I know CPD has a distinctive "whooping" siren that was NOT electronic, but mechanical..I heard it might have been a MARS. I'm curious about this and how it worked. Thanks!
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    The distinctive sound came from a Federal Model 28P siren which was a standard Federal Model 28 with a baffled cone attached to the front called a Pulsator. They were used from 1961 until approximately 1972.

Greg
    copcar dot com
  • Alton Hall (Private)
    4 years 9 months ago
    TX - Austin Police
    Respectfully submitted-I have to dispute the year. Those Austin PD Crown Vic's are 1988-1991 models but remembering how violent Dallas was at the time sadly you are correct.
    • 4 years 9 months ago
      Yes, I do stand corrected, it was a 1988 funeral for one of the five DPD officers killed that year.
  • Walt (Private)
    4 years 9 months ago
    NM - New Mexico State Police
    Saw this particular vehicle @ a local car show in
    Va. last week very good resto.
  • Isaac Juarez (Private)
    4 years 9 months ago
    CA - California Highway Patrol
    Nice bike. I especially like that even the John Baker ( Chips) blond baton was included.
  • Alton Hall (Private)
    4 years 9 months ago
    KS - Arma Police
    Another surplus Kansas Highway Patrol vehicle that saw its public life extended as a police vehicle as small town police vehicle. Interesting color! The KHP also had some Crown Vic's that were metallic red.
    4 years 9 months ago
    PA- Pennsylvania State Police 1983 Chevy Malibu
    These Malibus had a 305 4bbl. My father drove one and was assigned to the Turnpike. They were cramped inside, but were fun to drive with tight steering and great handling.
  • Alton Hall (Private)
    4 years 9 months ago
    TX - Austin Police
    This is about 1989. There are other photos from this spot. I lived in Fort Worth and remember a police officer being killed in the line of duty. I think it was a funeral percession.
    • 4 years 9 months ago
      No, it is more like 1986. I took the photo. It is the funeral of a Dallas officer.
  • Alton Hall (Private)
    4 years 9 months ago
    KS - Unknown agency
    The car on the left is a retired Kansas Highway Patrol cruiser with a lightbar added to the roof.
  • Grainy (Private)
    4 years 9 months ago
    CT - Norwich Police
    Nice. We can leave comments. JA.
  • Alton Hall (Private)
    4 years 9 months ago
    TX - Leon Valley Police
    Interesting "Lectric Lites" lightbar. I only saw these around Texas and some on some emergency vehicles while I was in the Marine Corps.