Welcome Links Photo Albums New Albums Comments Guest Book Journals

• Eugened314 United States (Private)
    1 month ago
    I really need to order some LED light bars before winter arrives. I own a small snow plowing service, and two of my trucks have busted emergency lights. I shouldn't have procrastinated for so long because I am having difficulty finding some replacements. Can you recommend any retailers?

10 years 7 months ago
    1974 Chevy Blazer- Mounted Unit
    What are you asking for this blazer? Does it have air and how many miles? You should post this info instead of people having to ask you. Where is the truck located.
    ****************

Sorry. Just like the station wagon you asked about, this Blazer has also been enshrined at Metropolitan Gardens Cemetery as a monument to Sundance, the first CPD horse killed in the line of duty after he was struck by a subway train in 1976.

copcar dot com
  • 11 years 2 months ago
    1973 Dodge Polara
    i would like to know if you are selling or if you know of anyone who is selling ther1973 dodge polara
    if so please send me and e-mail with the price

thanks
    amber
    ***********************

Sorry Amber. This photo is from a 1976 homicide scene. It's not a restored car.
    copcar dot com
  • Charles (Private)
    10 years 5 months ago
    1973 Dodge Polara
    I just love your side notes to the comments posted by others. i think there may be one here soon saying shut up and just keep reading and stop saying stuff like this!
  • Jonathan (Private)
    12 years ago
    IL- Litchfield Police 1978 Pontiac Catalina
    How much would you sell the motor for??
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    What would make you think that this car either...

A: Still exists today
    B: The city that owns(ed) it would sell the motor?

This is a 1988 photo of a then 10 yr-old, still in-service police car. This entire website is a collection of police vehicle photographs, NOT a used car lot.

If you want to send the website $500 or so, I'll try to find you a Pontiac motor.

Greg Reynolds
    copcar dot com
  • Mlg5146 United States (Private)
    1 year 10 months ago
    Greg,

The picture of the crime scene photo from the accident that killed Chicago Police Officer Melvin Gossmeyer, 33 on July 17, 1960. Officer Gossmeyer was rammed by a fleeing vehicle that was being chased by another patrol car at 106th and Ewing on Chicago's SE side.

This was my father, it was a something to find of picture of this accident seeing that it happened over 50 years ago, I was only a small child when it happened. Below is some more information on this accident.

Thanks

Melvin L. Gossmeyer, Jr.

P.O. Melvin Gossmeyer #9775

P.O. Melvin Gossmeyer #9775

• Sushidelivery Chile (Private)
    2 years ago
  • P.D. Withers (Private)
    8 years 2 months ago
    1960 Ford - department photo
    I have a question on Chicago PD that I hope someone can answer; During the 1950's-60's, I know CPD has a distinctive "whooping" siren that was NOT electronic, but mechanical..I heard it might have been a MARS. I'm curious about this and how it worked. Thanks!
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    The distinctive sound came from a Federal Model 28P siren which was a standard Federal Model 28 with a baffled cone attached to the front called a Pulsator. They were used from 1961 until approximately 1972.

Greg
    copcar dot com
  • Alton Hall (Private)
    5 years ago
    TX - Austin Police
    Respectfully submitted-I have to dispute the year. Those Austin PD Crown Vic's are 1988-1991 models but remembering how violent Dallas was at the time sadly you are correct.
    • 5 years ago
      Yes, I do stand corrected, it was a 1988 funeral for one of the five DPD officers killed that year.
  • Walt (Private)
    5 years ago
    NM - New Mexico State Police
    Saw this particular vehicle @ a local car show in
    Va. last week very good resto.
  • Isaac Juarez (Private)
    5 years ago
    CA - California Highway Patrol
    Nice bike. I especially like that even the John Baker ( Chips) blond baton was included.
  • Alton Hall (Private)
    5 years ago
    KS - Arma Police
    Another surplus Kansas Highway Patrol vehicle that saw its public life extended as a police vehicle as small town police vehicle. Interesting color! The KHP also had some Crown Vic's that were metallic red.
    5 years ago
    PA- Pennsylvania State Police 1983 Chevy Malibu
    These Malibus had a 305 4bbl. My father drove one and was assigned to the Turnpike. They were cramped inside, but were fun to drive with tight steering and great handling.
  • Alton Hall (Private)
    5 years ago
    TX - Austin Police
    This is about 1989. There are other photos from this spot. I lived in Fort Worth and remember a police officer being killed in the line of duty. I think it was a funeral percession.
    • 5 years ago
      No, it is more like 1986. I took the photo. It is the funeral of a Dallas officer.