• Alton Hall (Private)
    TX - Austin Police
    Respectfully submitted-I have to dispute the year. Those Austin PD Crown Vic's are 1988-1991 models but remembering how violent Dallas was at the time sadly you are correct.
    • 6 years 9 months ago
      Yes, I do stand corrected, it was a 1988 funeral for one of the five DPD officers killed that year.
  • Walt (Private)
    NM - New Mexico State Police
    Saw this particular vehicle @ a local car show in
    Va. last week very good resto.
  • Isaac Juarez (Private)
    CA - California Highway Patrol
    Nice bike. I especially like that even the John Baker ( Chips) blond baton was included.
  • Alton Hall (Private)
    KS - Arma Police
    Another surplus Kansas Highway Patrol vehicle that saw its public life extended as a police vehicle as small town police vehicle. Interesting color! The KHP also had some Crown Vic's that were metallic red.
  • Alton Hall (Private)
    TX - Austin Police
    This is about 1989. There are other photos from this spot. I lived in Fort Worth and remember a police officer being killed in the line of duty. I think it was a funeral percession.
    • 6 years 9 months ago
      No, it is more like 1986. I took the photo. It is the funeral of a Dallas officer.
  • Alton Hall (Private)
    KS - Unknown agency
    The car on the left is a retired Kansas Highway Patrol cruiser with a lightbar added to the roof.
  • Grainy (Private)
    CT - Norwich Police
    Nice. We can leave comments. JA.
  • Alton Hall (Private)
    TX - Leon Valley Police
    Interesting "Lectric Lites" lightbar. I only saw these around Texas and some on some emergency vehicles while I was in the Marine Corps.
  • Alton Hall (Private)
    TX - Ft. Worth Police
    A classic FWPD trademark lightbar. In 1976 some of the units started getting blue strobe lights in place of the blue flashers.
    WI - Wisconsin State Patrol
    A lot you must know about police vehicles. The departments do not take off the side moulding. They come from the factory that way, with the door side moulding in the trunk. It is up to the agency whether they want to apply it after they apply their graphics.
    WI - Wisconsin State Patrol
    So many agencies take the strip of skirting on the front doors off, it seems silly to have left it on in this case. It cuts right through the badge, and it clear isn't that vital, or all the other departments in America would've kept it on too.
    WI - Racine, WI, Police
    Jesus! And there I was saying gumballs were out of place on a 1990s caprice! What's this, a 1998 or 99 CV. They're real scared of change in Racine, aren' they?
    WI - Racine Police
    Looks like an MP5 in the gun rack. I thought cops usually had shotguns, but the MP5 is certainly a good choice too, if not better.Only a semi-automatic though. I'll shut up now, I know this is copCAR dot com, not copGUN.
    WI - Racine Police
    Whoa. Bit more than your average fender bender. I'm guessing the caprice was a write off. Anybody know if the cop was OK?