PA - Pennsylvania State Police
    Ya gotta love those "Mickey Mouse" rear-facing brake/signal lights on the roof. PA kept those things for many years, but I suppose they abandoned them when they ditched the "popcorn maker" red strobe light in favor of the Vector light bar.

That car appears to be an '87 to '89 model Chverolet Caprice. Note the absence of a spotlight.
  • 10 years 4 months ago
    MN - Douglas Co. Sheriff
    I am from minneapolis but grew up in Douglas County, I remember when the the DCSO Sheriffs cars used to solid dark brown, Chevrolet caprices, and M-body plymouth gran furys, Do you have any other picutres of douglas county shriffs cars??
  • 10 years 4 months ago
    SC - Lexington County Sheriff
    Both Lexington County and Richland County get every bit of good out of their cars before they sell them. Buy a used one and you will see what I mean, been there done that have the scars to prove it.
  • Buz (Private)
    PA - Philadelphia Police
    I believe that the LTD Crown Vic is a 1983 model because that was the only year for the blacked out squares in the grill, later years were argent (silver).
  • jim bear (Private)
    AL - Shefield Police
    That's a very nice combination of colours : white and dark blue.
  • Steve (Private)
    AZ - Arizona Department of Public Safety
    That was mine...SR 87 May 29, 2000...Mp 198.2
    Oooops.
  • jw (Private)
    CA - Bell Police
    The older ones 2000-2003, that are dept had were plagued with transmission problems. Thats the only notorious problem I have ever heard of with them overall.
    Most American cops don't like them because of their smaller size when compared to the Crown Victoria or Caprice.
  • jim bear (Private)
    CA - Bell Police
    In Germany I am looking for an Impala. Can you tell me more about the problems with the car ?!
  • granfury318 (Private)
    02. Home on the copcar Ranch
    Love this shot..you can see the slots in the rear wheels and the holes in the dog covers..what a cruiser!!!
  • Joe A (Private)
    Misc - 76 Gran Fury
    Yes, it has sat in my garage for the past year. It was originally a VA SP car.
  • Larry (Private)
    RI - Rhode Island State Police
    Interesting that they use Galaxies instead of the lower level trim lines.
  • tom (Private)
    PA - Philadelphia Police
    roy, my e-mail is
  • Tom (Private)
    PA - Philadelphia Police
    roy, i'm a philly cop and cant find any old photos. if possible, could you email these old philly car pics, i'd appriciate it. thanks
    NY - New York State Police
    I noticed the fender reads 'Gran Fury'. Anybody know if N.Y. used both 'M' body's that year?
    Misc - 76 Gran Fury
    Anybody know the history of this particular vehicle?