NY - New York City Police
    i love the ford interceptor. its a great classic police vehicle.
  • 10 years 6 months ago
    TX - Dallas Police
    That's ok, I've owned '88, '92, '96 and an '01 SS Camaro in my life.......if I know somethin' about any of these cars that's definitely it.

There's subtle differences that distinguishes the different years the vehicle came out, kind of like you can tell on the Crown Vics with the taillights, and rims.

Hahah, or maybe I just pay to close of attention to this stuff. :P
  • Commissioner Gordon (Private)
    AR - Arkansas State Police
    All this non sense and no comments regarding the A.S.P
  • jw (Private)
    IMG 2051
    Give the guy a break. This is a nice restoration other than the incorrect decal on the front doors. Maybe he is still in the process of getting the correct graphics.
  • Daryl (Private)
    US - U.S. National Park Service Ranger
    Excellent shot. Very well-focused for traveling down a dirt road.
  • al (Private)
    FDNY rig
    i remember this rig when i lived in ny .saw this when rescue 3 was operating out of 181st in manhatten with eng.93,lad.45,batt.13 in the mid 70s.
  • al (Private)
    1930s NYPD Emergency Services truck
    i was asking for information about decals or how i can make my own.
  • J. Stein (Private)
    PA - Lower Merion Township Police
    This is a verry clear and sharp photo. Is this a restored cruser, or just a good picture taken back when the car was in service?
    IMG 2051
    to remind the owner of what it is because he is clueless.
  • JD (Private)
    FL - Palm Beach Gardens Police
    Accurate color scheme and lettering for that time period?
  • granfury (Private)
    CT - Windsor Police
    these photo`s are definitly Windsor Ct. They also had marked units..back in the 80`s I was a Auxiliary Police Officer from Enfield Ct..which is two towns over.I use to train with Windsor Auxiliary Officers and they would drive there marked turbo volvos to training..I heard they were fast but the turbo in the cars would brake all the time from police use
    so they were in the shop a lot...it was differant..most towns by me had dips or granfury..ct state police always had fords except in 1973 they had gran furys...
    HI - Honolulu Police
    Thanks for your $0.02's worth, LIVE. My sister might eventually wind-up back at Marine Corps Base Camp H.M. Smith in the near-future, so every bit of info helps as I'd like to venture out that way again - with my camera of course!
  • Bob (Private)
    RI - Rhode Island State Police
    I believe the change over from white lettering to blue occured around 1976 ... any photos of the green cruiser used in 1976?
  • vince (Private)
    DE - Elsmere Police
    i live in elsmere an i love tis car 35-1
  • 10 years 6 months ago
    HI - Honolulu Police
    My understanding is a majority of officers still use their own personal vehicles for patrol across the islands. In Honolulu in particular, rookie officers drive marked patrol vehicles for a time then they eventually transition to their personal vehicles.

I'm not exactly sure what the policy is everywhere else though.

My $0.02's of what I know...