15 years ago
    DSC08628
    theres my tax money
  • Ted (Private)
    15 years ago
    1980 AMC Eagle  CHP
    I have a 1980 AMC Eagle also that needs some restoration. But my main problem is the great Calif. DMV will not me register it. Seems there is a SNAFU in paperwork from the purchase at the police acution. I would like to keep the car but tired of running around and getting the run around about the paperwork. I am willing to sell it to anyone for extra parts, no title.
  • Eric (Private)
    15 years ago
    IL - Illinois State Police
    where was this photo taken? I know the 51 ford is owned by the state police but who owns the other ford? My father saw this picture and is really curious and wanted to know if they are from illinois so he can get pictures of the ford custom?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ERIC

I would like to know where you get off taking photographs from my web site and posting them on yours? These are copyright items and they are not to be used for your web site. Remove them immediately.

That is the LOWEST OF LOW!

Dave Arnold
  • 15 years ago
    Germany - City of Augsburg Police Department
    Hi floks,

funny to see that pic, but its not the "City of Ulm"- police, but the Bavarian "City of Augsburg", which is exactly my hometown. its shot in front of the 500 years old city hall, where the Inspection 1 is located.
    Even the four bars between the two windows are the metric calibration bars from 1520.
    nice place to life :-)

____~~~~~~~~~________

Thanks for the correction,

Dave
    copcar.com
  • Gksutt United States (Private)
    15 years ago
    DSC08624
    I do not think so, there were only two of these cars ever made for the Mad Max movies 1 & 2. One was blown up in the second movie and the other was originally supposed to be destroyed but never was. Then it was sold later after sitting at a junk yard in Australia and is now in a museum in England, (Cars of the Stars Museum, Keswick, England). If this guy is telling you it is original he feeding you a load of BS.
  • Vlad (Private)
    15 years ago
    1961 Dodge Polara  CHP
    only 1220 made at the demand of chp (police package only available on the 118" wheel-based Dart)
  • 15 years ago
    NYPD Police Museum Car Show
    i had no idea that nypd hwy patrol used slick tops. even a better way of hiding is the ny state plate in the front. very sneaky gotta look out for those nextime i visit home
  • Alex Carter (Private)
    15 years ago
    CO - Chevy ambulance (1969-1970) in a Colorado boneyard
    I just spotted one of the Chevrolet Suburban ambulances in a Colorado boneyard. I wish I could restore that 1969-1970 Chevrolet ambulance as good as new. What location really is the 1969-1970 Chevrolet ambulance in a Colorado boneyard?

Alex Carter
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<->~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Those two Suburbans are sitting in Walsenburg, CO, on a sidestreet, visible from the main east-west road heading oout of town to the west. Some type of wrecker service/junkyard.

Dave

• Private parts (Private)
    15 years ago
    DSC08624
    That is THE car from Mad max. The owner has documentation and the history to back it up. It is not a repro.
  • rob (Private)
    15 years ago
    1980 AMC Eagle  CHP
    hi, i'm rob from long island ny. i have a 1980 amc eagle under restoration. i'm a fanatic. anyway i have pictures posted on my friends web site if your interested category under cars.

Thanx
    Rob
  • Gksutt United States (Private)
    15 years ago
    DSC08624
    Yeah he does not know squat about Mustangs. That is an Australian Interceptor imported here to the US and that one in particular is a copy of the Mad Max police car. I would think that owner is in Illinois because the plates are Illinois.

The movie car was a 1973 XB GT Ford Falcon Coupe.
  • 15 years ago
    Franklin Twp, OH-99FORD12
    me agian i hope i helped you to idenify theses cars that i could. like you i am a big police car nut and i have an '89 gran fury that i have restored. so if you need any more foud let me know and i can see what i can do.

__________~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~_____________

Thank you for your help on those identities.

Dave Arnold
    copcar.com
  • 15 years ago
    Seville, OH-99FORD9
    this unkown '99 ford belongs to seville oh.
  • 15 years ago
    Franklin Twp, OH-99FORD12
    this unknown '99 ford belongs to franklin twp.oh. summit co.
  • 15 years ago
    Steetsboro, OH-99FORD1
    this unknown '99 ford belongs to steetsboro oh. hope i helped you out.