• The Marshal. (Private)
    15 years ago
    DSC08624
    Apparently you don't no squat, that ain't no Mustang!
    15 years ago
    DSC08624
    I KNOW A EIGHTIES AND NITIES MUSTANG ONE I SEE ONE!!

COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    15 years ago
    1974 Dodge Monacos
    NICE!!
    15 years ago
    Robocop Taurus "after filming"
    YOU DO NOT SEE MANY OF THESE.
  • 15 years ago
    Dalworthington Gardens, TX, Day with the Law 2002, Texas DPS
    Uma linda pick-up preta.
    Pelo que ouço falar aqui no Brasil, a força policial dos Estados Unidos são umas das mais bem equipadas do mundo.
    Investimento pesado (em termos de grande valorização) na segurança, é um ítem importantíssimo para o desenvolvimento da nação.
    Parabéns!!!
  • Glenn (Private)
    15 years ago
    Show - Strathroy 2002 Show
    Wow, where's the fire, I like it.
  • 15 years ago
    NV - Nevada Highway Patrol
    Those are Nevada Highway Patrol cars and I would not be speeding through the desert on the way to Vegas or Tahoe with these things on the road !
  • 15 years ago
    1973 Oldsmobile ambulance
    Believe it or not , Bayshore Ambulance Service , located in Foster City , California , still uses these type of ambulances on a daily basis !

They have a fleet of 5 late 1970s model Cadillac Miller-Meteor Criterions that have been restored to meet the minimum requirments for Basic Life Support units and are mainly used for long distance non-emergency medical transports , public events , and for show .
  • James Hebert (Private)
    15 years 1 month ago
    NV - Clark County Sheriff
    Nice car. My father bought a biscayne brand new in 67. I have a lot of great memories of that car.
  • 15 years ago
    Line-up of Nova's, San Francisco, CA, Police
    Dear Tony ,

My dad was a former San francisco police officer and these "baby blue and white" patrol cars that the SFPD had from 1977-1979 with the "police services" insignia on the doors were about the UGLIEST cars the SFPD ever had !

The story behind this is when former police cheif Charles Gain wanted to make the patrol cars more visible to the public . He decided on the "baby blue and white" color scheme would be painted on any newer patrol cars during his tenure in office , which greatly irked most officers who favored the traditional black and white vehicles .

What irked them more is when Cheif Gain stated in his first days in office that the police department was there to provide a service to the people and visitors of the city and in his efforts to polish up the department's image the traditional SFPD door stars were replaced by the city symbol with "police services" inscribed .

Just three years after Cheif Gain's appointment as Cheif of Police in San Francisco and a year after the assasinations of Mayor George Moscone , the person who appointed him to that position after the retirement of my dad's then boss Donald M . Scott , Cheif Gain (in which my father worked under his leadership for just 7 months before he resigned from the department to take a new job as a police officer and later detective in Twin Falls , Idaho) was given a vote of "no confidence" under the new police commission appointed by then newly elected Mayor Dianne Feinstein .

Cornelius P. Murphy , a long time street cop and homocide inspector with a good reputation among his law enforcement peers was sworn in as Cheif of Police and one of his promises to his men and women was to restore department tradition . He kept his word by returning the future patrol car fleet to its original black and white regalia with the SFPD star placed back on the front doors .

Cheif Murphy also was steadfast in restoring the public's faith in the police department by instituting one of the first and earliest community policing programs in the nation .

__________________~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~_________________

Derrick
    Thanks for that insight. I for one had wondered what the story was on these cars. I had been told before that they were used by civilian police employees. Now we know the real story: a new chief with "politically correct" ideas.

Dave Arnold
    copcar.com
  • 15 years 1 month ago
    1971 Dodge Polara  CHP
    do you know of anyone selling one of these, or if this auto is for sale, I sold a 73 fury,former State of Ohio trooper's crusier but Ohio's winters are a bit rough, any info would be great thanks
  • Major Monaco (Private)
    15 years 1 month ago
    Dallas, TX, FD
    I'm a buff and I'm proud to admit it. Could YOU be the one in the closet? I saw you in Chicago poking around those big red things!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~<>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heh heh heh... I'm not ready to admit anything :)
  • 15 years 1 month ago
    XX - 1976 Dodge Coronet, one of Dave's acquisitions
    Roscooo P. Coaltrane
  • Ken Honeycutt (Private)
    15 years 1 month ago
    1968 LAPD Plymouth Belvedere
    I grew up watching Adam-12. Great Job on the Belvedere!
  • TOM CAMPBELL (Private)
    15 years 1 month ago
    Misc - Clone police car by European copcar fan
    PETER"

BEAUTIFUL RESTORATION. DO YOU HAVE A SPARE 8" X 10" PHOTO OF THIS BEAUTIFUL BUICK.