• pop (Private)
    15 years 6 months ago
    1953 Ford New Jersey State Police
    This is a nice model, but VERY inaccurate. NJSP troop cars never used the triangle on standard vehicles until 1965. All that work for sub-standard results.
  • John Anderson (Private)
    15 years 6 months ago
    On the road
    Don't recall the year of this car but I spent a lot of time driving them for the CHP.
  • 15 years 6 months ago
    DSC08709
    And just so no one is confused, this isn't my Monaco either.

Dave
  • Ross Urtel (Private)
    15 years 6 months ago
    1991 Ford CV from Hudson, North Carolina takes a crack at killing some cones
    Thanks for the great photo of my car, Dave.
    Buz Bowling's right, the car is from North Carolina.
    I didn't knock over any cones on that run! 40.80 sec!
    For some reason, they made us remove our Ford hubcaps
    before running the EVOC course. Safety reasons I guess.
    The lightbar is one of the original Streethawk's from when
    the car was in service. (it works now thanks to Rick, the
    electronics specialist at the show). My most profound thanks to everyone who attended. The show was great. It was more fun then an honest man should be allowed to have.
  • 15 years 6 months ago
    DSC08710
    Dave:
    Call me picky but the air cleaner on your 1974 Monaco should have had oval shaped snorkles; 1973 was the last year of the rectangular ones......and, the color may be incorrect as well..........if memory holds me correctly...........somewhere in the 1970's the Mopar HP engines went to orange housings.
    My 2 cents worth here.

And Dave says:

Call me picky but that's NOT my engine. That belongs to a 74 civilian Monaco cloned as a Bluesmobile. My air cleaner is orange and I'd have to say the correct one.

Dave
    15 years 7 months ago
    DSC08683
    Must have been a big event. It appears someone called in Air Support
    15 years 7 months ago
    Misc - Hazzard County Sheriff
    Opossum on a gum bush! It's a Hazzard County Sheriffs car. Where is the General Lee?
    15 years 7 months ago
    DSC08628
    You gotta to love the Impala.
  • texas mustang owner (Private)
    15 years 6 months ago
    TX - Texas Department of Public Safety
    that is a great photo of my car. sure would love to have a copy of that print! :)

From Dave Arnold:
    Sorry but I shoot digital pictures. You can order a print from Fotki, though.
  • Chris (Private)
    15 years 7 months ago
    Dave Arnold's 74 CHP Monaco fit right in
    Dave I can make a copy of the cruise video for you, also I have some pictures from the show if you would like to post them on your site?

Thanks, Chris, but I am currently uploading over 400 photos that I took. And the show hosts have put on a ton as well. If there is something we missed, feel free to send it but otherwise, I think there are enough photo's. I am looking forward to a copy of the video, though.

Dave
  • 15 years 7 months ago
    Dave Hasterock finished his 1986 Wood Dale, IL PD Diplomat the night before the show
    It's a bar that was released by Whelen in the early 1980s with rotators on the outer ports and strobe bulbs in the center. They were popular around suburban Chicago for a while. The bar was discontinued by the late 80s in favor of the newer, less bulky all-strobe EDGE bars.

Greg Reynolds
    greg@copcar.com
    15 years 7 months ago
    What kind of lights are those. Do they still make that brand.
  • Bill Anderson (Private)
    15 years 7 months ago
    Beat The Heat Show, July 2002, Paris,  TX,
    I was there last Saturday, and trust me, pictures don't do these cars justice. They both look factory fresh. The 440 in the Monaco sounded so good that it made me wish I had never sold my 1977 Monaco.
    15 years 7 months ago